We are looking for a skilled team of engineers and chemists for a new semi-industrial research project. The engineers will work together on the development and implementation of a new and innovative chemical process oriented towards recycling and purification of nuclear materials which were used for the production of medical radioisotopes. The process consists of different stages among which solution, separation and extraction, precipitation and oxide conversion.
As chemical process engineer you are responsible for:
- preparing (including scientific literature), designing and implementing innovative chemical test and process installations in collaboration with the design team;
- preparing, organizing and monitoring chemical experiments (solutions, separations, precipitation,…) regarding the testing, validation and optimisation of the related processes and installations;
- determining and further optimizing the parameters for chemical processes based on scientific literature and on the results of chemical experiments;
- selecting and implementing analysis techniques and procedures on how to monitor experiments and process parameters;
- the critical analysis, interpretation and processing of results in scientific reports and presentations;
- creating procedures and license files in accordance with current regulations and norms;
- leading and coaching the team of laboratory technicians.